1.Direct Message Sunday mornings are going to be a blast! We’re spending summer in the book of Proverbs. I’ve always loved those short, witty, hilarious and profound phrases of Proverbs. In a lot of ways, Proverbs was the original Twitter! Hence the series name, “Direct Message.” We may even be playing a game each week called “Proverb or Pop Song”…and it’s harder than it sounds. We’ve set up our own Proverbs Twitter account for the series. Give it a follow for a daily Proverb, to participate in contests, and to stay up to date! @ProverbsCP
2. Camp Crosspoint – Calling all superheroes! We’re holding a week-long camp for kids at CP this summer, featuring worship, storytelling, games, and more! We’re wrapping it all up with a huge Family Day that’ll include bouncy castles, BBQ’s and awesomeness. And best of all – it’s FREE! Get it on the calendar, and start inviting your neighbourhood. It kicks off July 29th – check out the website for more information.
3. Air Conditioning – Ok, I know this one is a bit different, but it’s still awesome…for the first time ever, the Crosspoint sanctuary is going to have AIR CONDITIONING! If you’ve ever sat through a service/wedding/event in that room in the middle of July, then you understand how fantastic and necessary this is. Here’s the details: We’re planning to have 6 heat pumps installed for the ridiculously low price of $13,5000, courtesy of Crosspointer Rob Laagland; this not only blesses us with AC, but it could potentially cut heating costs by 30%, freeing up more money to do ministry. We’re taking a big offering on June 22nd to help make this happen; thanks for helping us out!
4. River Baptisms - It wouldn’t be summer at Crosspoint without spending a morning on the banks of the Nashwaak for baptisms! This is always one of my favourite days of the year, and we’ve already got somebody signed up! Perhaps it’s your year, too; let us know! August 17th after 2nd service – don’t miss it!
5. Uth - We have an awesome youth ministry at CP, and they’ll be active all summer long! Camping, paintball, water parks…you name it, they’re doing it! Check out their calendar and more information: CPUth Summer Calendar
6. BBQ’s - Ever walk out the doors on a Sunday morning and wonder, “What are we doing for lunch today?” Let us help you answer that question! We’re having monthly BBQ’s all summer long – stick around after 2nd service for hot dogs, burgers, sausages, pop and more; every item is only $1! Meet some new folks, eat some meat, let your kids run around – it’s perfect! Our first BBQ will be June 22nd – hope to see you there!
7. Jesus is Worth It! I know, I’m playing the Jesus card; but I mean it – you won’t regret time spent with Jesus! I understand that many of you will be away on vacation throughout the summer, and that’s ok…I will be, too! But if you’re within driving distance of your home church, then come to church! We’re throwing lots of energy into these 12 weeks, we’re praying and expecting God to work and speak and move, and we’re hoping to see lots of new and familiar faces.
So…see you at Crosspoint this summer!